off-road winter cycling


Today I would have really appreciated having sunglasses with me (the ones I got in Madrid and lost in a music festival this summer). The brightness of sunshine in winter is much more intense due to reflecting the light in the white white snow, I assume. On the way back from the swimming pool I decide to make another circle on my bike around the small peninsula; the day was exceptionally sunny and beautiful and I had no desire to get back to "the important stuff". I went off-road for better views and it made me think of how not to fall and to stay on the bike. Snow-cycling requires some skills and a couple of tricks, which you get the hang of naturally, by doing. However, the crucial thing is good balancing mastery. It used to be my weak point, but thanks to cycling it is not anymore. SO... just a couple of things to acquire and keep in mind (like avoiding icy areas or not avoiding but taking your feet out of the straps) and you can go almost as fast as in summer and forget about falling (no 100% promise though). Use you eyes, your ears and your sixth biker sense. [21.01.13]