the frozen pond

There is a pond near to my house, I call it my pond. Riding along it every day eventually a thought of crossing it through the middle sprang in my trouble-seeker's mind. I just had to wait for the ice to get strong enough and for some outer sign or motivation... Today was the perfect 
day -  the on-ice-fishermen (Latv. bļitkotāji) were on the duty again and it could mean that getting on the ice is safe (not always, as they occasionally get in trouble for fishing on ice when there is no ice); anyhow... the more important sign was that I found a friend having the same quirky desire - go and have fun on that frozen pond. Very excited we were until the water started leaking through the snow, so we jumped off the bikes and ran back laughing panicky. Giving up was not the option, we just chose a path closer to the coast, but the frustration of not being able to cross it in the "middle middle" stays. [23.01.13]